Clowning for elderly care in England
September 23 - September 29
Clowning for elderly care
What if a lonely depressed amazing elderly human had a voice and would say: ‘I want to be treated like a VIP star with light and playfulness. Do come and visit me, I’m stuck and can’t get out of it by myself.’ Does this resonate?
A week in Nottingham, UK to start up and/or familiarize yourself in clowning for elderly care. We have one clear goal: to make older people the stars; for them to shine more than ever before. We look beyond the sickness and frailty to see each individual human being with their unique selves. As clowns in the here and now we meet each person with play, singing and dance where all is about empowerment.
- For performing artists with experience in clowning.
- This week is packed with tools and knowledge to learn more about this new area of work.
What will you learn?
- Knowledge about dementias and life in a nursing home.
- How to use music as a way to meet and co-create participation.
- Building circles of awareness around: older people – staff – relatives.
- Effective use of the clown duo in this setting.
- How to be and interact with skeptical, isolated or aggressive people.
- Being aware of the person who sits beneath the label/sickness.
- Role play as clowns/staff/relatives – older people in nursing homes.
- How and what to train/inform the workers before starting up in anew
- nursing home.
How precious it is to connect and be with older people at this vulnerable time in their lives. Life is not over until it is, so let’s offer them an unforgettable time. You are welcome to join us.
❤ “It would be great to meet clowns from all over the world.” Patrick van den Boom, trainer.
500 British Pounds
450 British Pounds (pay before 15th August)
When & Where
23 – 29 September 2019
2 Dakeyne Street,
NG3 2AR, UK
Food & Sleep
The training is exclusive of accommodation and meals.
Contact in the UK
This course is being supported by Amanda and Angela from red herrings, a Nottingham based clown partnership. They also can help with information about Nottingham if you need help with accommodation options etc. They can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org